Free downloadable invoice template
Those of you who started a limited company or self employed will need an invoice template, please see below for our free downloadable invoice templates. They are complete free to download and work with excel or google sheets.
Invoicing may be a straight forward and tedious task but it is a key area of your business which you need to get right. Those starting out should use an Excel template to send out invoices, we have provided free downloadable invoice templates in excel below.
For those who have found their feet and looking for an easier more efficient way of invoicing then you need to seriously consider cloud accounting software like Quickbooks, Xero or Freeagent.
You can always schedule a free consultation with us to discuss if you would benefit from cloud accounting. Please follow this link to book some time in.
Why is invoicing properly important?
Invoicing on time and accurately is so that your company gets paid on time. If you send an invoice with any details incorrect the supplier can dispute this and delay payment. You would then have to reissue the invoice and this will further delay payment. If you send a perfect invoice (see below for our free downloadable invoice template )this cannot happen and you will be paid on time.
By doing things correctly and professional people have confidence in you. This is no different for invoices, you should always use a template or software to create invoices so that your customers trust what you send them.
What needs to be include on an invoice?
It is key to include all the key details in an invoice, please see our list below for our guide on what to include. (all included in our free downloadable invoice template)
- “Invoice” in the header
- Your Company/business name
- Your company/business address
- Your business contact details
- The recipient/customer’s name and address at the top
- A unique Invoice number
- Details of any purchase order the client sent
- The tax date (the date the invoice was sent)
- A clear description of the goods or services provided on the invoice. EG. X Widgets, £X 8 x X hours = £x total
- Amount without VAT (VAT) – If VAT registered
- Amount including VAT (Gross)- If VAT registered
- Your invoice payment due date
- Your business/company VAT number If VAT registered
- Details of payment – bank account number for example
- Business/Company full trading name and registration number